Bellefonte joined Little League International on February 17th, 1949. Spearheaded by Frank Webster, the league’s first president, The Bellefonte and Vicinity Little League became Centre County’s first sanction little league. Soon after the league’s founding, a suitable field was purchased by the Bellefonte Borough on behalf of the League. This field, that is still in use today, was dedicated in 1964 as Webster Field in honor of the league’s founder and long time president. Fielding only 4 teams in the Majors in 1949, the League has grown and now fields, on average, around 20 teams in several different divisions offering opportunities for children from age 4 – 13 to play baseball.
Bellefonte Little League has brought America’s pastime to thousands of area kids and more importantly taught many of life’s lessons through encouragement, fairness, teamwork and competition. The players that develop in our program have become leaders of the community. We are proud many of our alumni have served in the military, become judges, mayors, commissioners, senators, Major League ball players, successful business owners, teachers and coaches the success goes on and on.
Baseball is full of traditions and the Bellefonte Little League is proud of our strong sponsorship tradition. Many sponsors can trace their support back to the beginning of the league. We encourage everyone to support our local community businesses. Check our Sponsor section by clicking here for a complete list.